vendredi 6 janvier 2012

Matcha cake for the perfect tea time




Like I explained before, matcha tea was my 2011 revelation. Since then I've been putting matcha tea in everything. 
I came up with this cake, which is a little bit of a pound cake, but lighter. 
I used almond flour, thinking that it would be a nice combination with matcha; plus butter and half-and-half for moisture.

The recipe:

Eggs
3 (large)
5.8oz
166g
Beat together until « light and fluffy »
Lemon zest
1 (fruit)
Salt
A pinch
Sugar
1+1/3 cup
9.4oz
266g
Half and half

3.5oz
100g
Add
Baking powder
½ tsp + ¼ tsp
3g
Mix together and add
Flour (all purpose)
¾ cup + 1 tbspoon
3.9oz
110g
Almond flour
¾ cup
2.5oz
70g
Matcha powder
1 tbsp
0.7oz
20g

Butter (melted and cold)
½ cup + 1tbsp
2.3oz
66g
Add and combine


Step by Step:
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Beat eggs, lemon zest, salt (I use fleur de sel), and sugar together until the batter gets lighter.

 Whisk all the dry ingredients together well.


Add the dry with the wet and combine. This is the matcha powder I bought at Kalustyan's:


                                                                                  
Look at this nice green batter!










As you can see, melted butter is all over the mold. Then I applied a cooking sheet around it, so the cake would not stick.


It is quite a small mold:6.58 inches lenght, 3.38 inches width, 2.75 inches depth. , which allows about 450g/15.9oz batter.
So I had enough batter for four extra little muffins.
Cook for 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. 
As soon as you take the cake out of the oven, wrap it in plastic so it will keep its humidity and be very soft. Let it cool wrapped on a rack. 


Enjoy! 






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire